News: Gameweek 1 - Historical Analysis
Posted by FlipjeTiel on 2018-08-09.
Each week we will analyse the upcoming Premier League gameweek by looking into the historical data from the last 10 Premier League seasons. Based on this we will provide you with tips to fill in your own predictions. Once the games have been played we'll try to reflect on them. Can you beat the historical analysis? Fill in your own predictions.
Let's have a look at the last 10 years of Premier League data. "N/A" means that no data is available as either of the clubs was not playing in the Premier League.
From this data set we draw 5 conclusions:
- Man United has not lost from Leicester in their last 4 encounters at home in the Premier League (2014/2015, 2015/2016, 2016/2017, 2017/2018).
- At least 2 goals were scored in every home game of Newcastle against Tottenham in the last 10 Premier League seasons only missing out in 2009/2010 and 2016/2017.
- In the last 10 Premier League seasons the Wolves have played Everton at home three times and have not won a single match (2009/2010, 2010/2011, 2011/2012).
- In the last 10 Premier League seasons Liverpool has played West Ham 9 times at home (only missing out in 2011/2012) and has lost only once (2015/2016).
- In the last 6 Premier League seasons at least two goals were scored for every home game of Arsenal against Man City. Man City lost only once (2015/2016).
We hope this analyis could help you in the right direction. Do you think this kind of analysis makes sense or can you do better? Fill in your own predictions online.